Learning to save money, stretch a buck and live with frugality in mind does not happen overnight. Thus, the reason that research, reading and learning tips every day will go a long way for your family. My current focus has been finding ways to save money on dinner preparations. Each family is going to be different with their goals and needs, but learning a few basic skills is always simple.
5 Frugal Tips:
- Shopping during the end of the week usually means sales like crazy! This last month, my husband and I have done the grocery shopping together. Both times I found several sales on items that I regularly buy.
- Stock your pantry with essential items that you use weekly. Things like sea salt, canned items, dried herbs are great for storing.
- Try to grow some of your own fruits, vegetables and herbs. If that is not an option, you can always head to the local Farmer’s Market.
- Avoid processed meals. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables. You’ll lower your grocery bill significantly!
- While reading an article at Mommy Savers, I loved the ideas to use dry beans. They are cheap, healthy and a great alternative to meat! Thanks, Mommysavers!